熱門文章

網頁

熱門文章

熱門文章

2011年10月4日 星期二

A Linking Conversation

As soon as this spectacular idea of having four celebrities to dinner struck me, I was completely mesmerised by it. It would be a perfect chance to have intelligent conversations with all my personal heroes. After a lot of crystal balls, star charts and star gazing, my invitations are finally out.

My first choice is certainly Jodie Picoult, whose writing style and realistic, melancholy plots stun millions. If I could meet her and strike up a conversation with her, I would yearn to ask her where she got her brilliant ideas from, especially for Nineteen Minutes. It was realistically structured and somehow makes good use of imagery. Her serious, thoughtful nature would contrast with my next guest greatly –

Nury Vittachi. A loud, humorous, but truthful and successful writer; I am sure that he is definitely going to be the star of the dinner party. He plays a big role in my reading, and I really admire how he makes things like saying "huh" seem hilarious. I'd be sure to ask him how he sees the world – through a pair of ridiculous, tinted glasses or normal eyes? Another idea is to show him my scrapbook of his columns. I bet he's going to laugh out loud at his own jokes! However, his outgoing, confident character hides a dark childhood – similar to that of my next guest –

Dave Pelzer. Hiding an abusive, mistreated childhood, his quiet personality actually represents years of hurt, hopelessness and abuse. However, he has now put his past behind him and constructed a happy family. In the second volume of his autobiography, The Lost Boy, it seems as if he has forgiven his alcoholic mother. Does he still love and care for her? Does he forgive her for what she has inflicted on him? How did his past experience affect his now-successful career as a best selling author, a caring father and a gentle husband? I'd think he'd show dozens of photos of Stephen, his son, and his adoptive parents, Alice and Harold Turnbough. He would probably be deeply attracted by my next guest -

Joanne Kathleen Rowling, another best-selling fiction author of the Harry Potter series, which sold across the world in billions. The thing that interests me most would be where she got all of those fabulous and new-fangled plots? I'd also want to ask her about her next series. Her fans would definitely thank me a lot!

And that's it. My dinner party would be completely brought to life and in-depth conversations would decorate the dinner table, and although the four authors represent four different styles of writing and personality, they will forever be linked by their careers and in my heart.

沒有留言:

張貼留言